Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Like no one is watching

I love it when people totally and absolutely and thoroughly feel the music and dance.


I was reminded last week of the “Dancin’ in the Streets" that David Bowie and Mick Jagger did together a loooooooooong time ago. I haven’t seen the video for probably 20 years, but I still remember loving David and Mick’s dancing. If you don’t smile during this video, then you must be having a very crab-assy day.



I showed it to Brian because he had never heard their version before. (How can someone get to be 21 years old and never see this happy happy feel good video? So I decided to enrich his life with it.)


He seemed duly impressed…but I have a feeling he was just trying not to laugh at the 80’s styles. But COME ON, this video should transcend any generation or fashion gap because of its sheer happiness!!!!


Brian then shared this video with. It made me smile too.







Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.



Here’s a guy that dances like a dork…but he does it with soul. Gotta love it!! (I am in the same category as this guy...I dance like a dork....I should probably work on that since I'll be the mother of the bride in just over a year!!!)


These videos qualify as smooth stones in my life!

8 comments:

  1. love the videos. you know I'm partial to Matt, but Dancing in the Street is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheh my mom remembered that old video too! It was hard for me to get past laughing at the fashion sense of these guys, but it was pretty good. SOOO jealous of that Matt guy though.
    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I'm so excited you finally got a blog!! (Now we just need to convince my mom to write one.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog and commenting Christie! Tell your mom it's tons of fun to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kent here. Dancing totally uninhibited is a gift. Me, a little "liquid courage" is necessary. I also like Rod Stewart's "Some Guys Have All the Luck" video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved watching both videos Tess. They both made me smile! I remember dancing around our house with Mick and Dave (old pals of mine haha!)
    As far as a blog of my own goes, idk. I need some kind of a theme or something don't I? I will think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so you know, my mom totally showed this post to some of her friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I guess I'm not the only one that loved this old video! Did your mom's friends remember it?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete