Sunday, June 20, 2010

The smooth stones in life. This blog's purpose.


The smooth stones in life.


Every blog has a theory/concept/theme, right?


Some blogs are full of angst and their prime purpose is for the blogger to release all of the anger inside of them. This isn’t that type of blog.


Some blogs are written by very creative people and are filled with beautiful photography or amazing prose. This isn’t that type of blog. (But I do hope to re-kindle my long lost love of photography!)


Some blogs are jam-packed with information and can teach you how to do just about anything to perfection….again…not that type of blog.


In this blog my sole purpose is to work on the health and well-being of the soul. I don’t hold a degree in theology. I’m not a trained psychologist. What I do know, however, is that there are amazing things all around us….in all of our lives…that are over-looked and under-appreciated. And those small amazing things are the very things that can bring richness to our lives. THIS is what my blog will be filled with….the little under-appreciated blessings in our lives.


If nothing else, this will be a journal to record the many blessings in my life. I encourage anyone who may be reading this to look for these little under-appreciated blessings in their lives. They are out there, you just have to open your eyes to them.


Even during the hard times in life, these things are out there. Sometime you just have to search a little harder for them. I know that search will prove successful. What you find will be amazing.


The title of the blog? That comes from a trip to Duluth, Minnesota. Lake Superior is there. It’s huge. It’s massive. It’s beautiful. Many photographers have captured its beauty in many different ways. But what I found amazing were the rocks on its shore. They are amazingly smooth from the hundreds of years that they have been pounded by the waves. They rounded and smooth and multi-colored. They’re beautiful. It makes me feel good to hold one in my hand and feel the smoothness. These rocks are one the under-appreciated and over-looked things in life, that are right in front of us yet many don’t even see them or take the time to pick one up and feel it’s beauty.


This is what’s good for my soul…the smooth stones in life. I want to appreciate them and search them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment