Sunday, June 27, 2010

Something Peaceful

As much as I like to sleep in on weekends, there is something peaceful about waking up early….before every one else.





Coffee tastes so much better when I drink it in complete solitude in a house still snoozing. Even the dog and cat have gone back to sleep to allow me a little more time to listen to the quiet.



Now don't get me wrong, I really love to sleep in on weekends. This sleeping-house-peacefulness doesn't make me want to set my alarm to experience it. That wouldn't be the same. But when for some crazy reason I do wake up early, it is lovely. Simply lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Who knew Tess was blogging? Just lovely Tess! Brian, thanks for mentioning. Love to all, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kent here. This post reminded me of the wonderful, special times I had LONG AGO when one of our kids would stumble out of bed on a SA morning, walk over to me (as I was drinking coffee), climb up into my lap and cuddled with me as we watched cartoons. LOVED those times!

    It's also nice on mornings like this to hear the birds happily singing at our backyard feeders.

    Love you! Kent

    ReplyDelete