Tuesday, July 20, 2010

the continuing debate...seeds or seedless

SEEDED! Definitely seeded!!!




Sure, you have the nuisance of spitting out the seeds...or for those of us who are slightly more refined...picking out the seeds, but is there really any contest?

The old-fashioned seeded watermelon is definitely more flavorful and much sweeter. Why would anyone take a perfectly sweet delicious watermelon and mess it with it? That's just wrong! I guess this makes me a watermelon purist.

Anywho....tonight I cut into this watermelon with the usual concern about whether it will be a wonderfully sweet one, or a dud. You just never know until that first bite!

This one was DELICIOUS! AND FLAVORFUL!! AND SWEET!!!!

Is there anything better in the summer time? (Okay....getting a dozen ears of corn that are all amazingly delicious may rank right up there with the perfect watermelon.)

4 comments:

  1. One satisfactory singular seeded melon does not settle the debate, I'm sorry to say. I have a feeling you would have to taste at least fifty of each, while meticulously noting their textures, flavors, sweetness, color, and vein content before you could even make a educated guess as to which one is better.

    I have done this, and have found that seedless watermelon is better, while seeded watermelon does have its place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh pish posh you 21-year-old-watermelon-novice!

    I'm positive that in my 51 years of life, I have had many more than 50 of each variety! And seeded definitely wins!

    You and your "it's newer so it must be better" philosophy is flawed in this instance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, you are WRONG. I think seeded is better too. Spitting seeds makes a person feel young again. And it tastes delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess i'm really odd. but i like the seeds themselves just as much as i love the melon. They are crunchy and nutty and actually good for you.

    ReplyDelete