Thursday, July 8, 2010

a perfect deck night

Tonight’s night was well-earned and much-appreciated. It’s been rainy and soggy and humid for what seems like a month.

Brian went outside about 8:30 and yelled “Let’s turn off the air! It’s beautiful out!” I’m not a big lover of air conditioned air. Of course I appreciate it during the sauna days of summer, but man…it’s wonderful to turn it off after a few days!

So, Brian and I grabbed a glass of some yummy strawberry white merlot wine that my good friend Maria made, Kent grabbed a beer, Mags grabbed her favorite tennis ball and we went out on the deck! A PERFECT deck night!

I didn’t take a picture…didn’t want to waste a minute by running inside to grab the camera…but take my word for it…it was breath-taking! The clouds were pink and wispy. My garden is in full bloom. No mosquitoes. This is the kind of night I think about in mid-winter when there is 3 feet of snow on the deck.

Here…take a look at some of the beauty in my garden. I didn’t take these pictures tonight, but all of these flowers are still in full bloom.



sigh….



After 3 days of crazy manic long days at work, this is what I’ll remember as the highlight of my week.

Okay, mosquitoes eventually found us and decided to feast on us so we skidaddled inside. (I can make up words is I want to…It’s my blog.)

I’ve now got my bedroom window wide open and listening to the croaking of the frogs.

A very peaceful night.

1 comment:

  1. I think "skidaddled" is a word. Or at least it should be.

    The flowers are great too!

    ReplyDelete