Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A reason for everything

Have you ever felt that you were meant to be in a certain place at a certain time and met someone that you felt you were supposed to meet?

Tonight that happened and I'm still kind of blown away by it. I grudgingly went to a kick off meeting for team leaders of the Steppin' Out in Pink Breast Cancer Research Fundraiser. I've been my company's team leader for the past 4 years, and really didn't feel that I needed to go to this meeting....but I went anyway.

Sandy came to the meeting because she wanted to learn how to get a team together. We were one of the first few there and she came up and introduced herself to me. She is a one year survivor of breast cancer. In the last year she has had a double masectomy and chemotherapy. She was proud of the fact that her hair was growing back and that she didn't have to wear a wig any more.

Our conversation continued. We sat down at a table together. There wasn't one moment of awkward silence in the conversation. We both thought the other looked familiar and decided we probably had seen each other at a church that we both used to attend.

It felt that we were old friends and needed to update each other on our lives...yet we had never actually met before.

We then hit on a subject and found out that because of our meeting, we may be able to some how help a person in her life that really is in desperate need of help.

A fluke meeting? Just happenstance?



No. Sandy and I were meant to meet. I have no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment